New CS Master Students
Congratulations and Welcome to the USC Computer Science Department!
Visit the Next Steps Checklist!
Watch our CS Orientation Videos!
Timeline for new Spring 2021 students:
- Students who will be attending USC will need to certify at the following link: youSC.
- Activate your USC email account.
- RSVP for the required Viterbi Master's Student Welcome.
- By the end of November you will receive welcome and new student information from the USC Computer Science department.
- December 16th is when you will receive your course assignment and registration instructions.
- January 4th is when you can apply for alternate first semester courses through the myViterbi D-Clearance Request Manager.
- January 6th is the Viterbi New Master's Student Welcome.
- January 8th is the last day to enroll and settle all your fees. There is a $100 late fee per week for any unsettled fees appearing on your account after January 8th.
- January 15th is the first day of the semester.
Group advising will be available for new students prior to the start of the semester and during the first three weeks of classes. After Week 3 of the semester, the department advisors will be available for 1-on-1 advisement sessions which can be booked through the myViterbi portal.
The following list includes policies, procedures, and useful links: