New CS Master Students
Congratulations and Welcome to the USC Computer Science Department!
Visit the Next Steps Checklist!
Watch our CS Orientation Videos!
Timeline for new Fall 2021 students:
- Students who will be attending USC will need to certify at the following link: youSC.
- Activate your USC email account.
- RSVP for the required Viterbi Master's Student Welcome.
- By the end of July you will receive welcome and new student information from the USC Computer Science department.
- Early August is when you will receive your course assignment/preference and registration instructions.
- August 11th is the Viterbi New Master's Student Welcome.
- August 12th is the day you can begin enrolling in your assigned classes using web registration.
- August 16th is when you can apply for alternate first semester courses through the myViterbi D-Clearance Request Manager.
- August 20th is the last day to enroll and settle all your fees. There is a $100 late fee per week for any unsettled fees appearing on your account after August 20th.
- August 23rd is the first day of the semester.
Group advising will be available for new students prior to the start of the semester and during the first three weeks of classes. After Week 3 of the semester, the department advisors will be available for 1-on-1 advisement sessions which can be booked through the myViterbi portal.
The following list includes policies, procedures, and useful links: