Research Assistant Professor of Computer Science
- 2011, Doctoral Degree, Machine Learning, University of Messina
- 2008, Master's Degree, Computer Science, University of Messina
- 2006, Bachelor's Degree, Computer Science, University of Messina
Dr. Emilio Ferrara is Research Assistant Professor and Associate Director of Informatics & Data Science at the USC Department of Computer Science, Research Team Leader at the USC Information Sciences Institute, and Principal Investigator at the USC/ISI Machine Intelligence and Data Science (MINDS) group.
Ferrara's research interests include using AI for modeling and predicting human behavior in techno-social systems. Ferrara has published over a hundred articles on social networks, machine learning, and network science, appeared in venues like Proceeding of the National Academy of Sciences, Communications of the ACM, Physical Review Letters, and his research has been featured on all major news outlets.
He was named 2015 IBM Watson Big Data Influencer, he received the 2016 DARPA Young Faculty Award, the 2016 Complex Systems Society Junior Scientific Award, and the 2018 DARPA Director's Fellowship. His research is supported by DARPA, IARPA, the Air Force, and the Office of Naval Research.
AI, network science, data science, machine learning, computational social sciences
- 2018 DARPA Director's Fellowship
- 2016 Complex Systems Society Junior Scientific Award
- 2016 DARPA Young Faculty Award
- 2015 IBM Watson Big Data Influencer