The Master of Science in Computer Science provides intensive preparation in the concepts and techniques related to the design, programming, and application of computing systems. Students are provided a deep understanding of both fundamentals and important current issues in computer science and computer engineering so that they may either obtain productive employment or pursue advanced degrees. Additional details about our Master of Science programs can be found at the website of the Viterbi School of Engineering's Viterbi Admission & Student Engagement Office.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Science
- Game Development
- Computer Security
- Computer Networks
- Software Engineering
- Intelligent Robotics
- Multimedia and Creative Technologies
- High Performance Computing and Simulation
An expanded M.S. degree is available, designed specifically for students with an academic background in engineering or science, but a limited background in computer science.
An optional thesis and honors program is available for students in the M.S. program.
The Department of Computer Science is also home to the USC Viterbi Data Science Program, which offers the following graduate degrees:
- Master of Science in Applied Data Science
- Master of Science in Cyber Security Engineering
- Master of Science in Communication Data Science
- Master of Science in Environmental Data Science
- Master of Science in Healthcare Data Science
- Master of Science in Public Policy Data Science
- Master of Science in Spatial Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Big Data Fundamentals
Published on June 14th, 2016
Last updated on June 9th, 2022