The Master of Science in Computer Science provides intensive preparation in the concepts and techniques related to the design, programming, and application of computing systems. Students are provided a deep understanding of both fundamentals and important current issues in computer science and computer engineering so that they may either obtain productive employment or pursue advanced degrees.
Additional details about our Master of Science programs can be found at the website of the Viterbi School of Engineering’s Graduate and Professional Programs (GAPP) Office.
Apart from the general Master of Science in Computer Science, the CS Department also offers the degree with the following specializations:
- Data Science
- Game Development
- Computer Security
- Computer Networks
- Software Engineering
- Intelligent Robotics
- Multimedia and Creative Technologies
- High Performance Computing and Simulation
An expanded M.S. degree is available, designed specifically for students with an academic background in engineering or science, but a limited background in computer science.
An optional thesis is available for students in the M.S. program.
The Department of Computer Science is also home to the USC Viterbi Informatics Program, which offers the following graduate degrees:
- Master of Science in Applied Data Science
- Master of Science in Cyber Security Engineering
- Master of Science in Communication Data Science
- Master of Science in Data Informatics
- Master of Science in Healthcare Data Science
- Master of Science in Public Policy Data Science
- Master of Science in Spatial Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Big Data Fundamentals