Multimedia and Creative Technologies
Total Units: 32
Required courses (4 units):
- CSCI 570 - Analysis of Algorithms (4)
Choose 2 of the following courses (8 units):
- CSCI 561 - Foundations of Artificial Intelligence (4)
- CSCI 571 - Web Technologies (4)
- CSCI 585 - Database Systems (4)
You must take the following four courses (16 units)*:
- CSCI 420 - Computer Graphics (4)
- CSCI 520 - Computer Animation and Simulation (4)
- CSCI 576 - Multimedia Systems Design (4)
- CSCI 580 - 3D Graphics and Rendering (4)
Complete the remaining 4 units from one of the following options:
- CSCI 590 - Directed Research (1-2, max 2)
- CSCI 591 - Computer Science Research Colloquium (1, max 2)
- NON-CS - Non-CS course (such as EE, ISE, MATH, etc. from approved list)
- 600-LEVEL - Doctoral level CSCI course (faculty and departmental approval required)
- 500-LEVEL - Additional 500-level CSCI course
*CSCI 420 should be taken before CSCI 520 and CSCI 580.
A maximum of 2 units of CSCI 590 and a maximum of 2 units of CSCI 591 may be applied.
Thesis courses (CSCI 594a, CSCI 594b, CSCI 594z) and Internship courses (ENGR 595a, ENGR 595b, ENGR 595z) are not eligible for elective credit.
- There is no cumulative examination required for the degree.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.00 must be earned on all course work applied toward the M.S. degree and all graduate course work taken at USC.
- Only one doctoral (600-level) course can be counted in the degree.
- Only one Non-CS course can be counted in the degree.
- Internship and Thesis credits cannot count as elective units toward the degree.
- CSCI 590 Directed Research is a variable unit course, and can be taken for one or two units. A maximum of two units can apply toward the degree.
- CSCI 591 Research Colloquium can be taken a maximum of two times for one unit each.
- Other requirements for the M.S. degree are the same as set forth in the general requirements for graduate degrees.