Computer Science Master's Student Honors Program
The Computer Science Master's Student Honors Program (CS_MS_Honors) is a highly selective program that offers outstanding M.S. students the opportunity to:
- Eligible to apply for a CSCI Teaching Assistantship (TA) Position
- Meet with faculty and Ph.D. students at various social events
- Meet with members of the Computer Science department’s Industry Affiliate Program
- Participate in research presentations to faculty and affiliates
- Participate in selective career fair activities
- Register for Ph.D.-only classes (600 level)
- Register early for classes (Priority obtaining D-Clearances)
The CS_MS_Honors Program not only provides our exceptional students the opportunity to enhance their graduate experience, it also allows them to distinguish themselves in the future whether applying for a job or a PhD. Upon graduation members of CS_MS_Honors will receive a Certificate of Merit from the Computer Science department and the Viterbi School of Engineering attesting to their outstanding accomplishments.
To qualify for the CS_MS_Honors Program students must:
- Maintain a 3.9 GPA for their first 8 units
- Continue to maintain a 3.9 GPA throughout the remainder of their courses
- Be recommended by at least one faculty member
- Provide a personal statement
How to Apply
Eligible students will be contacted via their USC email address a few weeks after the completion of the Fall and Spring semesters and invited to fill out an online application for the program.
For questions about the honors program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This program is open only to students pursuing the M.S. Computer Science. It is not open to Ph.D. students who are also pursuing an M.S. in Computer Science. Progressive Degree students may apply, but their B.S. degree must be conferred in order to be eligible for acceptance to the program and to apply for the TA opportunities.