Directed Research – Sign Up Instructions
1. You must personally contact the Computer Science instructor with whom you wish to do directed research. Use the CS Faculty Directory and Research Areas & Labs listings to find faculty whose research match your interests.
2. After gaining permission from the Computer Science instructor, you will need to fill out the online application at: http://myviterbi.usc.edu under “Directed Research” to request clearance to enroll in the course.
B.S. Students: Choose CSCI 490 only.
M.S. Students: Choose CSCI 590 only.
Ph.D. Students: Choose CSCI 790 only.
The number of units for Directed Research is determined between you and your chosen instructor.
3. The faculty member will receive an automated email and they must approve your project via the online application system.
4. Do not fill out the online application until you have received permission from the Computer Science instructor.
5. After the faculty member approves your application, the department will approve the project and issue d-clearance within one week.