It’s already that time again – are you ready to pick your classes for Spring 2024? Please start thinking about what courses you’re going to take next semester! There is important information below, please read everything!
ALL CSCI courses will require D-clearance. D-clearance is required for all of our courses to prioritize declared Computer Science majors. Please note that D-clearances are not guaranteed and are provided on a rolling basis. We do not provide D-clearance during mandatory advisement meetings, in-person visits, via email or phone. All D-clearance requests must be submitted on myViterbi > D-clearance and Pre-Requisite Waiver Request Manager.
September 25th - December 1st will be dedicated to registration advisement.
These meetings are designed primarily for us to create/review/update your long-term course plan and get you ready for Spring 2024 registration
If you are interested in talking about study abroad, research, internships/careers, progressive degree, etc. I will have appointments available after the mandatory advisement period.
- Schedule your advisement appointment online via my.usc.edu (click on undergraduate advisement) as soon as possible. Slots fill up fast!
- Review your STARS report and the schedule of classes.
- Arrive on time for your appointment. These appointment times are scheduled back to back. Students who do not log in within 5 minutes of their scheduled time will need to reschedule.
- Check your web registration appointment date/time (permit to register) on OASIS and add it to your calendar.
- Registration appointment time and date are set by the Registrar’s Office based on the amount of units you have completed including transfer units.
Zoom Advisement Appointment Schedule (Book NOW via my.usc.edu)
During the advisement period please expect a longer turnaround in my email response time.
- Approved Technical Electives are listed online at: https://www.cs.usc.edu/students/bs-students/technical-electives/
This page will be updated regularly as new courses are approved.
- CSCI 404 is not planned to be offered in Spring 2024.
- If you require a d-clearance course from another department (such as EE, BUAD, MATH, PHYS, CTIN) you must contact that department directly for D-clearance. CS advisors cannot clear you for courses outside of the CS department.
- EE courses will typically use the myviterbi.usc.edu D-Clearance Request Manager.
- Departments list their D-clearance instructions on the Schedule of Classes (not WebReg).
We're including a list of helpful USC resources you may wish to explore:
- Viterbi Learning Program (Tutoring) – schedule appointments online or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The USC Kortschak Center for Learning and Creativity which offers Academic Coaching and On-Demand Workshops
- Math Center
- Writing Center
- Counseling Center
- Additional Learning Support and Resources
Published on June 14th, 2016
Last updated on September 18th, 2023